Cranberry Almond Tuna Salad Sandwiches
Dried cranberries and a little mustard add tang to tuna salad, while almonds and pickle relish give it crunch.
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- 1 (6-ounce) can tuna or 2 (2.6-ounce) packages hickory-smoke flavored tuna
- 4 tablespoons Blue Plate® Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon ballpark yellow mustard
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Bread, lettuce and tomato for sandwiches
- TOAST almonds in a small nonstick pan over medium-low heat until slightly browned and aromatic; do not burn.
- MIX almonds, tuna, mayonnaise, mustard and cranberries in a medium bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate at least 15 minutes.
- SPREAD on sliced bread with lettuce and tomato. Serve immediately.