Grilled Sausages, Peppers and Onions with Creole Mustard Sauce
Grilled sausages and peppers are a simple main dish requiring minimal prep and cooking time, making them a great bring-along for potlucks and parties. Whip up an easy dipping sauce with mayonnaise and Creole mustard and it’s ready to serve.
6 to 8 Servings
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded and cut into wide strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, stemmed, seeded and cut into wide strips
- 1 Anaheim pepper, stemmed, seeded and cut into wide strips
- 1 jalapeño pepper, stemmed, seeded and cut into wide strips
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1 bunch scallions, trimmed
- 1 sprig fresh thyme (or rosemary)
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 (12-ounce) package bratwurst
- 1 (12-ounce) package kielbasa
- 1 (12-ounce) package chicken sausage
- 1 (12-ounce) package Italian sausage
Creole Mustard Sauce
- 1/2 cup Blue Plate®️ Mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Creole mustard
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat grill or grill pan to medium-high heat, about 400℉.
- Toss peppers, onions, scallions and thyme with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Using a fork, prick small holes in the sausages to allow steam to escape.
- Transfer peppers and onions to a grill basket, aluminum foil packet or directly to the grill and cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Keep warm on a platter.
- Make Creole Mustard Sauce: Combine mayonnaise, mustards and Worcestershire in a small bowl and whisk well. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Place sausages on the grill and cook, turning often, until completely cooked, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a platter or cutting board and serve with Creole Mustard Sauce on the side.