Lemony Dijon Egg Salad
Tiny amounts of Dijon mustard and lemon juice add a bright, acidic note to this creamy egg salad. Serve on bagels, toast points or on toasted bread for an all-American, diner-style egg salad sandwich.
- 4 eggs, hard-boiled and peeled
- 1/3 cup Blue Plate® Mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons minced celery
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- Bagels, toast or crackers, for serving
- Baby greens, for garnish
- Roughly chop eggs.
- Whisk together mayonnaise, celery, shallot, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, celery seed, sea salt and white pepper.
- Fold eggs into mayonnaise mixture, cover and chill in refrigerator until use.
- Garnish with baby greens and serve on toasted bagels, toast or crackers.
- KITCHEN TIP
- Best way to make hard-boiled eggs: Place eggs gently in a deep pot of cold water. Over high heat, bring to a full rolling boil. Remove pot from heat and set a timer for 10 minutes for firm yolks. Prepare a large bowl of ice and water. When the timer goes off, immediately put the eggs into the ice water to cool. (Quick cooling prevents the green ring around the yolks.) When the eggs are completely cool, refrigerate or peel. To peel, gently roll the egg on a flat surface, remove cracked shell and rinse.