Shrimp Remoulade Salad
There are as many styles of remoulade sauce as there are chefs. This is the French or classic white remoulade with Cornichons, capers, lemons and herbs to give it a bright, tangy flavor, perfect with seafood.
- 1/2 cup Blue Plate® Mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons green onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoons cornichons, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped soft herbs such as chives, chervil or tarragon + more for garnish
- 2 teaspoons capers
- 1 teaspoon Creole or coarse grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 hard boiled egg, finely chopped
- Salt, to taste
- Cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds boiled, peeled shrimp, about 3 pounds gross weight with heads and shells on
- 1 head Bibb lettuce
- 1 medium avocado, pitted and halved lengthwise, thinly sliced
- Cherry tomatoes, halved
- Make Remoulade Sauce: Combine mayonnaise, green onion, cornichons, lemon juice, herbs, capers, mustard, Worcestershire, chopped egg, salt, and cayenne in a small bowl and mix well. Fold in the shrimp.
- Serve on a bed of Bibb lettuce topped with the sliced avocado and cherry tomatoes.