Traditional Pasta Salad
This classic salad is a tasty combination of crunchy vegetables, macaroni noodles and light, creamy dressing. It travels well to picnics, potlucks and poolside – make it ahead of time and chill it in the fridge until it’s time to go.
6 to 8 Servings
- 8 ounces macaroni pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 2 large eggs, hardboiled and finely chopped
- 3/4 cup Blue Plate®️ Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water to stop it from overcooking.
- In a large bowl, toss the pasta with olive oil to prevent sticking. Add the bell pepper, celery, red onion and egg; set aside.
- Whisk mayonnaise, sour cream, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper in a medium bowl until incorporated. Fold the dressing into the pasta mixture and season to taste.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for at least one hour before serving.