Summer Sides That Always Bring Smiles
Picnics, barbecues, and cookouts call for all the summer sides you look forward to and love! And nothing adds flavor to those favorites like Blue Plate mayo. A staple at southern get-togethers, Blue Plate mayo really shines in this collection of the best coleslaws, potato salads, and pasta salads around. Make your Memorial Day gathering more delicious with these dishes.
An essential for summer, coleslaw adds cool and crunchy flavor alongside your favorite grilled meats, plus an extra layer of goodness when piled high on burgers, hot dogs, and sandwiches. Try these varieties, and find your favorite.
- Traditional Coleslaw – This well balanced slaw is based on an old Southern family recipe.
- Tangy Collard Green Coleslaw – The unexpected combination of shredded collards and a tangy dressing creates a slaw full of color, nutrition and flavor.
- Buttermilk Coleslaw – Buttermilk adds a tangy bite to creamy, crunchy classic slaw – and no spring or summer cookout, picnic, smoked meat feast or fish fry is complete without it.
- Ugly Dog Slaw – There’s a BBQ joint in New Orleans called the Ugly Dog Saloon, known for slow-cooked pulled pork, smoked brisket and made-from-scratch sides like their unusual and tangy slaw.
- Slaw Dogs – The crunch of cabbage and creamy dressing of slaw are the perfect complement to a grilled frank.
- Cajun Potato Salad – Look for round white potatoes, such as Yukon Gold, for this salad enhanced with bacon.
- Southern Potato Salad – Every Southern family has a potato salad recipe – each one different but always delicious!
Easy to make and enjoy, pasta salads are portable, perfect for potlucks, and always appreciated. Great flavors abound here!
- Muffuletta Pasta Salad – Pickled veggies, olives and Italian cured meats and cheese are tossed in pasta with a light, creamy dressing, bringing together all the flavors of the classic New Orleans muffuletta sandwich.
- Traditional Pasta Salad – This classic salad is a tasty combination of crunchy vegetables, macaroni noodles and light, creamy dressing.
- Aunt Viv’s Chicken Pasta Salad – Diced gherkins and olives add sweet and salty flavor to this easy salad.
Most baked goods, including banana bread, call for butter or oil. But if you don’t have any on hand, mayonnaise is a great replacement.
Our recipe takes just a few ingredients, and involves a super simple hack – replacing the flour, milk and butter mixture with creamy mayonnaise.
Making light, fluffy homemade biscuits is so much easier than you think. Our recipe has just 3 ingredients and features a simple hack for replacing the butter and fat.