Ugly Dog Slaw
There’s a BBQ joint in New Orleans called the Ugly Dog Saloon, known for slow-cooked pulled pork, smoked brisket and made-from-scratch sides like their unusual and tangy slaw. This is our take on their coleslaw recipe
- ½ small head green cabbage, roughly chopped
- ¼ small head red cabbage, roughly chopped
- 2 cups shredded carrot
- ¾ cup Blue Plate® Mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons Steen’s®️ Cane Syrup
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning salt
- COMBINE cabbages and shredded carrots in large bowl.
- MIX mayonnaise, cane syrup and lemon pepper seasoning salt in separate bowl and blend well to combine.
- POUR mixture over cabbage & carrots and stir until well coated.
- REFRIGERATE or serve immediately.