Ham and Swiss Poboy
We used Chisesi’s Pride® Ham (known popularly as “Chisesi Ham”), a local New Orleans brand, but any good ham will do. Serve it thin-sliced on flaky New Orleans-style French bread dressed with mayonnaise, a swipe of yellow mustard, ripe tomatoes and plenty of lettuce.
- 4 (6-inch) lengths of Leidenheimer® French Bread (or other New Orleans style French bread)
- 1/2 cup Blue Plate®️ Mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 pounds Chisesi ham, thinly sliced
- 8 slices Swiss cheese, thinly sliced
- 8 slices tomato
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- Hot sauce, for serving
- Slice bread pieces in half lengthwise. Spread about 1 tablespoon mayonnaise inside each top and bottom bread slice.
- Layer ham on each bottom bread slice, then top with cheese, tomato and lettuce. Add a few dashes of hot sauce, if desired.
- Place top bread slices on sandwiches and serve.