Creamiest Ever Macaroni and Cheese
Don’t be surprised when your friends and family tell you this creamy macaroni and cheese is the best they’ve ever eaten. It’s that good. The key is a combination of Blue Plate® Mayonnaise, tangy Greek yogurt and sharp cheddar. SO easy and delicious!
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni (½ of a large package)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Blue Plate® Mayonnaise
- 1 cup full-fat Greek yogurt*
- 1 pound (about 4 cups) freshly grated sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ cup fresh bread crumbs**
- 1 tablespoon butter
- BRING a gallon of water and salt to a boil over high heat in a large pot. Add macaroni and cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, or for the time on the package directions, until pasta is al dente. Drain and rinse.
- COMBINE mayonnaise, yogurt and cheese in the bottom of a very large bowl. Mix thoroughly.
- PREHEAT oven to 350 degrees. Coat an 11- by 7-inch or 12- by 12-inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
- POUR drained macaroni into the bowl. Mix thoroughly, until pasta is evenly coated. Turn into prepared baking dish and smooth top with the back of a spoon.
- HEAT butter in a large mug or small bowl for 30 seconds in microwave on HIGH, just until melted. Add bread crumbs and stir thoroughly to coat. Sprinkle bread crumbs evenly over macaroni.
- BAKE 30 to 35 minutes, until the mixture does not slosh from side to side when the dish is gently shaken, and bread crumbs are golden brown. Let sit 10 minutes before serving.
- COVER leftovers, if there are any, and refrigerate up to two days.
*This recipe will work with 2 percent low-fat or 0 percent non-fat Greek yogurt, but results are best with full-fat Greek yogurt.
**To easily turn 1 slice of white or wheat bread into fresh crumbs, tear the slice into pieces and process on low in a food processor into fine crumbs. If making ahead, store in a plastic sandwich bag.