Jalapeño Pimento Cheese Dip
Hot jalapeño and sweet, mild pimentos add layers of spicy flavor to this classic Southern dip, perfect for luncheons, picnics and game-day parties. Serve with crackers and crudités or as a spread on sandwiches.
1 1/2 cups
- 12 ounces extra-sharp yellow (or white cheddar), coarsely grated, room temperature
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 (4-ounce) jar diced pimentos, well drained
- 1/2 cup Blue Plate®️ Mayonnaise (+ extra to taste)
- 3 tablespoons minced jalapeño pepper
- 1 tablespoon grated sweet onion
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet Spanish paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 pinches sugar (optional)
- Combine cheddar, cream cheese, pimentos, mayonnaise, jalapeño, onion, garlic, salt, paprika, hot sauce, cayenne and sugar in a medium mixing bowl and blend with an electric mixer on low until the cheese is blended with the mayonnaise but still in distinct pieces. Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
- Cover and refrigerate until slightly firm, at least 1 hour or up to several days.
- Serve with crackers and crudités or as a spread on sandwiches.