Mango Chutney Deviled Eggs
If you love a curried deviled egg, this is the ultimate version. The mango chutney adds a bit of sweetness similar to sweet pickle relish. Try it; you won’t be disappointed.
- 6 hard-cooked eggs*
- ¼ cup Blue Plate® Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sweet or hot mango chutney
- 1 tablespoon finely minced green onion
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Sweet or smoked hot paprika for garnish
- SLICE eggs in half horizontally. Put the yolks in a small bowl. Mash with a fork.
- MIX in chutney, onion, curry, cayenne and black pepper. Stir well. Pipe or fill the egg halves with a teaspoon.
- GARNISH with paprika. If not serving immediately, cover and refrigerate up to 8 hours.
*Best way to make hard-cooked eggs: Place eggs gently in a deep pot of cold water. Over high heat, bring to a full rolling boil. Remove pot from heat and set a timer for 10 minutes for firm yolks. Prepare a large bowl of ice and water. When the timer goes off, immediately put the eggs into the ice water to cool. (Quick cooling prevents green ring around the yolks.) When eggs are completely cool, refrigerate or peel. To peel, crack on a flat surface and roll the egg on it, remove shell, rinse.