Spicy Shrimp Tacos with Chipotle Lime Slaw
An easy new recipe to spice up family taco night. Just like with a sandwich, the creative possibilities for taco ingredients are endless. You can switch out the shrimp here for BBQ pulled pork or sliced steak.
8 Small Tacos
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1 package coleslaw mix
- Juice from 1 fresh lime
- 2 scallions, green parts only, finely sliced
- 1 cup Blue Plate® Go Bold Chipotle Lime Sauce, plus extra for garnish
- 8 small tortillas, corn or flour, warmed
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted and thinly sliced
- 1 cup crumbled Cotija cheese
- Fresh cilantro leaves, stems removed
- 8 lime wedges
- PAT shrimp dry and toss in a small bowl with chili powder, cumin, garlic powder and Creole seasoning to coat. Set aside.
- PLACE coleslaw mix and scallions in a medium mixing bowl and toss with lime juice and Blue Plate® Go Bold Chipotle Lime Sauce. Set aside.
- HEAT a medium saute pan with just enough vegetable oil to coat pan. Add shrimp and saute 2-3 minutes on each side, until cooked through.
- PLACE slaw on each tortilla. Add avocado slices and shrimp and top with crumbled Cotija cheese and fresh cilantro leaves.
- DRIZZLE with Blue Plate® Go Bold Chipotle Lime Sauce, squeeze a lime wedge over each taco and serve.