Hot & Spicy Slaw
Serve up a tasty side dish that’s a lighter, more delicate version of slaw by using Napa cabbage and Lacinato kale. The red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard and Blue Plate Hot & Spicy Mayo create a delicious balance of creaminess, acidity and spicy heat.
4 to 6 servings, about 1 quart
- 1 medium head Napa cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 bunch Lacinato kale, shredded
- 1/2 bunch radishes (about 6), julienned
- 2 carrots, peeled and shaved into ribbons
- 1/3 cup Blue Plate® Hot & Spicy Mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons buttermilk (full fat)
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- Combine shredded cabbage, kale, radishes and carrot ribbons in a large bowl.
- Whisk together mayonnaise, buttermilk, vinegar, mustard and salt in a separate small bowl.
- Toss the dressing with the cabbage mix. Check seasoning and add more salt to taste.