Wedge Salad with Blue Cheese Dressing
Cool, crispy iceberg lettuce is the base for this classic salad, served with our very own creamy blue cheese dressing made with Blue Plate Mayo. Garnish with crispy bacon and pork cracklings for an extra layer of flavor and crunch.
- 3/4 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup Blue Plate® Mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, rinsed, dried and cut into 4 wedges
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 4 slices thick cut bacon, cooked and crumbled, for garnish
- Pork cracklings, chopped, for garnish
- Combine blue cheese, mayonnaise, buttermilk, red wine vinegar and lemon juice in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until chilled, about 20 minutes.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons of the dressing over each wedge. Divide the cherry tomatoes among the wedges. Finish with a sprinkle of bacon and pork cracklings on top of each wedge. Serve chilled.