Baked Cubano Sliders
Serve the flavors of a traditional Cuban sandwich on fluffy slider rolls for a quick meal, a party or on game day. Savory roast pork, ham and melted Swiss cheese are complemented by tart yellow mustard and slices of dill pickle.
12 sandwiches, about 6 servings
- 1/2 cup Blue Plate® Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- One 12-pack Hawaiian rolls or other soft dinner rolls
- 1 pound Mojo Style Roast Pork, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound deli ham, shaved
- 1/2 pound Swiss cheese, thinly sliced
- 12 slices dill pickle
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted melted butter, divided
- Combine mayonnaise and mustard in a small bowl and set aside.
- Cut the entire pack of rolls in half horizontally (keeping all tops connected and all bottoms connected). Transfer rolls to a 9x13-inch baking dish brushed with 1 tablespoon of the melted butter.
- Spread the mayonnaise mixture evenly over bottom rolls.
- Place roast pork and ham on bottom rolls. Top with the Swiss cheese, pickles and the top rolls.
- Drizzle the remaining 7 tablespoons melted butter over the top rolls. Wrap in aluminum foil and refrigerate overnight. (If desired, place a baking sheet and a weight on top to press the sandwiches, similar to the traditional pressed Cuban sandwich.)
- Preheat oven to 350℉. Remove top baking sheet and weight (if using) and bake for 15 minutes. Remove the aluminum foil and continue to bake uncovered for 5 minutes longer or until golden brown and warmed through.